Important update regarding office opening
To all of our orthodontic and periodontal patients, we hope that you and your families are healthy and doing well under the circumstances. We have missed you!
Dental health is an extremely important component of overall health, whether it is a bad bite or loss of tooth support due to periodontal disease.
Thankfully, Kentucky has “flattened the curve” and Governor Beshear has now allowed dental offices to reopen under CDC guidelines. With that in mind, we are starting to re-schedule the appointments that had to be cancelled due to the mandated shut down. Jean will be contacting all of you, beginning with those who had March and early April appointments to get you reappointed. She will then continue until everyone has a new appointment. We thank you in advance for your patience as we get back on our feet.
For the time being, we will not be re-scheduling retainer check appointments. We will, however, be happy to see you if you lost or broke your retainer or it just doesn’t fit. Retention is important!
We know you all are aware of the added precautions that go with COVID-19. The health and safety of our patients and staff is the highest priority.
- All employees, including Dr. Adrio, will be screened daily for overall health and a fever.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. If over 100.4 and/or an employee feels sick, they will be sent home.
Additional employee protective gear will be added depending on the procedure and the level of contact the employee has with patients.
The office will be disinfected on an ongoing basis, all day and every day. The same high standards of disinfection and sterilization that have been the standard in dentistry will continue at an even higher level.
The flow of the office is going to temporarily change.
- We ask that you call prior to leaving home if you are not feeling well.
- Please brush your teeth thoroughly before you leave home. Your own eyeglasses or sunglasses will be used as safety glasses.
- When you arrive at our office, please call us and wait in your car. A staff member will greet you at your car, take your temperature and check your health status. If your temp is below 100.4 and you have not been sick, you will be escorted into the office. If your temp is at or above 100.4 and/or you have not been feeling well, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Parents/guardians/siblings/friends of patients that have been to the office before will be asked to remain in their cars. Parents of new younger patients will be given special instructions.
- Everyone who enters the office must wear a face mask or scarf into and out of the office.
Once inside the office you will be asked to swish with a hydrogen peroxide rinse to disinfect your mouth and either wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
Dr. Adrio and the “A” team will then deliver the same high-quality care, with attention to every detail, for which our office is known.
Because of the nature of this virus, additional infection control procedures are warranted and cannot be rushed. This will result in us not seeing as many patients per day so please be patient -patients!
We are going to work quickly and efficiently in the weeks to come so we can accommodate all the patients that had to be cancelled over the past 7 weeks. If there is a problem (loose bracket, swollen gum, etc.) or you have a question, please alert us in advance by sending an email to [email protected] at least 1 working day before your appointment.
Best wishes to all and thank you for your confidence and support!
Dr. Rick Adrio, Jean, Pam, Cassie, Morgan, Leann and Kortney